Monday, 9 March 2015

Week 1

In this week we were given examples from the artist Honore Daumier amd were asked to create our own versions of his caricatures with clay as our medium and nigel farage as our model. In his work he uses the most obvious features of the person and exaggerates it therefore making it the center of attention. He does this well because even though he has exaggerated the person the viewers can still easily tell who the person is.
For my task I used the reference above for the caricature and the reference below of Nigel Farage.

From the photo i believe the part i can exaggerate the most from his face was his mouth. Since I mostly prefer making animals as well I decided to think of what animal most suited him and his large mouth which gave me the conclusion of turning him into a crocodile. However making this happen on the clay was much harder than I thought and when I finished making the model it looked more of just a crocodile than a mix of the two as you can see below.

I did enjoy making Farage kook like a crocodile even though I had trouble and if i went back to it i would make sure to focus more on making look like the two combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment