Thursday, 12 March 2015

Week 3

In this week's session we were given examples from the artist Edward Ardizzone and had to create illustrations that are meant to communicate a sense of quiet desperation amongst coffee drinkers in a refectory. In his work you can tell that he uses simple outlining and very dark tone which does make the work seem more depressing he also barely uses colour in his work but if he does it is a bold colour.

image001

For my task I went to a coffee shop called Boston Tea Party. I used this scene because there was multiple people around that I could draw and at the time multiple of them were alone and working which makes the scene work more. I created a simple line drawing so I could get more detail into the drawing. I enjoyed this work because it helped me have more practise for my observational drawings and made me think of multiple stories that I could possibly do based on the people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment