Thursday, 9 April 2015

Example 1- Lord of the Rings: The fellowship of the ring

The opening is a large piece of exposition that shows the history of the rings that were distributed across the races and the one ring that the main antagonist provided to be able to control all the other rings. They mostly focused on the one ring and the chaos it has created by starting a full scale war against the villain, the psychological effects it has on people besides the villain, and it's journey from owner to owner. They were able to use exposition here to explain the history really well by having a narrator explain the rings, the dark lord and the chaos he created with the power but only vaguely while letting us see short clips of what she is describing on the screen which shows the audience how powerful these rings are. This opening scene gives me great inspiration for my intent because it has given me ideas of how I could let the audience learn the historical context through both the narration and the images i would create when I make the final piece next year.


For my visual experiment here I decided turn the very opening scene as a comic book sequence to see how the movie format could work in that way and I believe it can as long as I could describe as much in the illustrations as in the exposition.


No comments:

Post a Comment