For my visual experiment here I also decided to see if I could use this in a storyboard format which it could slightly work well with but it would also seem quite dull with just the words on the panels without any drawings to go with it.
Thursday, 9 April 2015
Example 5 - Star Wars episode IV: A New Hope
In this example the piece of historical context i focused on was the opening scene which they used a text crawl effect to give information about what had happened prior to the events of the movie. Unlike the other examples i had looked at this piece of exposition solely focused on the narration and used a literary sense of narration by using text instead of a voice which makes the audience read the information. I believe this works really well because it leaves the image to the viewers imagination before the film actually starts. They also made the scenery really simplistic but having a simple black background with a couple of stars while have the text a large bold yellow colour so it stands out from the rest which works really well because it put the text at the center of the audience's attention. This piece of exposition could help with my intent massively by making me thinking of using typography and how I could use a simplistic scenery with bold letter over it to create the historical context.
For my visual experiment here I also decided to see if I could use this in a storyboard format which it could slightly work well with but it would also seem quite dull with just the words on the panels without any drawings to go with it.
For my visual experiment here I also decided to see if I could use this in a storyboard format which it could slightly work well with but it would also seem quite dull with just the words on the panels without any drawings to go with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment