Thursday, 9 April 2015

Example 4 - Shadows of Mordor

Inside this computer game you can find collectibles that can find a point where it would play a piece of memory that gives the player a piece of exposition about the history of one of the side characters that are helping the main in his mission which works really well because it allows the player to learn more about the character and care about them more. This form of exposition works really well because it is unique way of getting the exposition and it also makes itself work as a gameplay mechanic by letting the players who would like the exposition search for the collectables while it allows the players who wants to skip the exposition that option. This has helped me with my intent a little bit by, like the previous two examples making me think about if I want to focus on the characters and how I would like to use the exposition to explain their backstory.

For my visual experiment here I decided to try and find a way to show this form of exposition in a storyboard format to see if it could work at all, however I don't think this works that well but I still like the idea of having a singular object be the cause of the exposition.


No comments:

Post a Comment