For my visual experiment here I decided to see that if I could change the context it might make the transition to the exposition better which I believed it works just as well unfortunately.
Thursday, 9 April 2015
Example 6: Left 4 Dead: The Sacrifice
This exposition focuses on one of the main characters, zoey and her backstory. Unlike the other examples I have looked at, this one doesn't have any narration at all but is instead a full flashback into her past and she got brought into this apocalypse that began by the mention of her father. This way of creating the exposition is quite different considering most historical context in literature would have some narration in it or at least someone mentioning the exposition before it appears before the readers yet this story starts the flashback just from a mention of their memory. I believe it worked slightly well however how they portrayed it here made the exposition feel rushed and abrupt by interrupting the story to show her past where it could have been mentioned quite quickly in the story after the character heard about it which still would have worked as exposition but not for as long though it does make the story more entertaining by showing the characters past. The exposition here uses a dark, gritty colour scheme to represent that the heroes are never safe and it keeps this colour scheme in the exposition to show that the heroine is still unsafe in that scenario either so it doesn't let the audience think that it wouldn't be a nice memory. I think how they used exposition here could help me with my intent because I might want to keep the same colour scheme for it if i was thought of focusing on a darker theme.
For my visual experiment here I decided to see that if I could change the context it might make the transition to the exposition better which I believed it works just as well unfortunately.
For my visual experiment here I decided to see that if I could change the context it might make the transition to the exposition better which I believed it works just as well unfortunately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment